Besides Holidays, What Other Events Should There Be?

Chatting about roleplays, ideas, etc. go here

Besides Holidays, What Other Events Should There Be?

Postby getmygameon » 22. Apr 2014 12:27

I know the school gets out for holidays and whatnot, but I was wondering if there were any extra events or anything that take place like a Sports Day or anything like that which you'd see in some animes or whatever or anything you might've experienced at your own school (if you go to school or anything you remember from your school days heh ^^;;;) Like for us, we had a Spirit Week and every day was a different event, like Monday would be Hat Day, Tuesday was Ribbon day or something like that (it's been almost 20 years since I was in high school - yes I'm THAT old :p) and so on and so forth.
"Don't fear me...just my imagination"
getmygameon

Re: Besides Holidays, What Other Events Should There Be?

Postby raindancer » 23. Apr 2014 23:02

We don't locally have any too interesting events at schools in Finland (as we don't even celebrate Halloween here, or rather it IS the memorial day of the death so you're supposed to maybe visit the graves of your loved ones or think of them so it's about anything but fun here) Basically our big school events where the Christmas party (that's the last day of school before Christmas holidays and the happening usually was that we were forced to sit still, sing Christmas songs with whole school and there might have been play or two) the Spring festival was pretty much the same except add in saying good bye to the oldest students who were graduating and Headmaster holding a boring speech about the whole year oh and instead of Christmas carols we of course sung "happy" songs like "Suvivirsi". It's supposedly happy song about summer beginning. IMO it sounds like something you'd sing at funeral instead. >.> [/damn do I hate that stupid song]

We did have sports days too (one for winter and another for late spring) but I personally hated those and have swiped them off my memory XD Oh and then we had exciting 'special' day called "Cleaning day" when we were given rubber gloves and trashbags and we were send to clean the nearby roads/forest. Wow such fun *rolls eyes*

Oh and then we have the first of May, "Vappu" I guess in English that's Labour day? that day we were allowed to dress up funny and bring balloons to school and generally have fun instead of studying whole day. Other than that I don't think we had any exciting parties.

Generally speaking though, if there is interest in events I don't see problem in setting those up. Maybe they could have their own topics or something then though instead of happening in the middle of the gameplay thread.
It's not my fault
I'm not to blame
These ain't my sins
I broke my chains
There's more to do
And I still want to live

raindancer
Site Admin

Postby getmygameon » 23. Apr 2014 23:36

Knda like the way you guys did with the old RP? You had a halloween party thread or something right?
"Don't fear me...just my imagination"
getmygameon

Postby raindancer » 10. Oct 2014 07:04

Bumping this topic since we're getting closer to Halloween, is there interest in setting some kind of silly Halloween party side topic (aside of the main thread since that one obviously hasn't gotten quite to the October yet...)? I remind now that we don't celebrate Halloween here so everything I know about it is from movies/cartoons/wikipedia but I was thinking they could at least wear costumes (Ada will supply anyone unable to come up with a costume with a sheet ghost outfit ;) ) if they want to go trick or treating that would have to happen on the island which pretty much means that teachers will have quite a lot to put up with that day. I guess they could also have some kind of ball there or something... I'm open (more like begging) for ideas so throw them. :)

(I also already know how I'd dress up Noir *giggles mischievously*)

Edit/25th October: Well I'll take the silence as "no, there's no interest this time around" + I'll be too busy next week anyway to set up anything fancy. Maybe for Christmas then. ^^
It's not my fault
I'm not to blame
These ain't my sins
I broke my chains
There's more to do
And I still want to live

raindancer
Site Admin

Return to General